Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's Too Soon

Don't call me a grinch, but the holiday season is depressing me. I think it hit me the week after Halloween. The elections were a great distraction, but it came and it's been coming ever since. What I speak of is the onslaught of holiday...uh...everything. I can't even choose a word for this. I think I'm feeling this because I feel Christmas is being "forced" on me -- us -- by department stores, advertisers, radio stations, televisions, ad nauseam. Let me warm up to the holiday season. Let me digest Halloween, acknowledge Thanksgiving before facing perhaps the most commercialized holiday out there. I don't know...perhaps I am being a grump. But with the way our economy is, I don't feel much like celebrating all that much. There are other factors for why I'm feeling this way, ones I'm trying to wrap my head around, ones I'm trying to deal with as hard as they may be. (Sigh) ... For me, the holiday season has always been a sad for me. When I was little, I told my dad that it was because I after Christmas, we wouldn't have any real holidays anymore for a while. (I know, something a 6 year old would say, or think.)

No comments: