Sunday, March 30, 2008

Starstruck

Me and Thomas Keller at Pebble Beach.
Pinch me...I'm still on cloud nine. On Thursday, I had the opportunity to meet some of my idols. Not stars, not musicians, not athletes, but chefs. As many of you know, I'm a total food nut. I refrain from using the term "foodie." I grew up in a restaurant kitchen and cooking and food are just two of my passions in life. But back to the chefs...I met Thomas Keller of the famed French Laundry restaurant in Yountville (and if you want to eat there, make your reservations now for next year), "Top Chef" judge and reknowned Chef Tom Colicchio (who is as intimidating in person as he is on Bravo TV), Ming Tsai, Roy Yamaguichi, Mark Miller...it was an unforgettable event. All the chefs were cool. Wish I could come up with a better word, but "cool" pretty much sums it up. These chefs along with Charlie Trotter, Alain Passard, Gerald Boyer, Jacques Pepin, Gary Danko and some 40 others are in California for the Pebble Beach Food and Wine. Again...pinch me.

No comments: