Sunday, April 13, 2008

New York State of Mind

I'm feverishly running down the stairs in heels, I hear the train approaching the Times Square stop, it takes me two swipes for my Metrocard to go through...this has been my dream for the past couple of days. I wake up right when I approach the platform. I'd been back a couple of times since I graduated from Columbia, and every time I visit, I encounter past and new experiences. Whether it's going to my favorite restaurants or meeting new people...there's just something. I was extremely happy this time around in the Big Apple because I didn't allow myself to get sucked back into the "bad" memories of NYC. It's too amazing of a place to allow that. I promise to blog more about my experiences and post some pictures as well. Right now, I need to try and get my circadian rhythms back in order.

(The picture was taken by my friend Adam McClure...who drove from Massachusetts to come see me! Thanks Adam)

No comments: