Monday, May 5, 2008

Eureka!

Gas prices are high, and I've resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to pay up when I fill up. There's no going around it. Sometimes I'll shut my eyes to avoid looking at the digital numbers on the price window of the pump, sometimes I won't wait till my tank is empty to fill up so my final price won't be high. But none of that works. Gas is expensive, and I've embraced it. As I thought about this, I realized I need to learn to embrace certain other things in my life with my eyes open. Specifically, men.

I need to realize that certain behaviors in men (the ones I know) are a given or constant and no matter how hard I try to rationalize them in my head...nothing's going to change, it might in the future, but I should take things for what they are, accept it and be okay with it.

No comments: