Monday, September 8, 2008

One Year

(Hell's Half Acre in Wyoming)

It's been a year since I left Wyoming after working/living there for 2-plus years. I remember driving back to California with my brother. The drive was long and, at times, stressful. (I was afraid my Honda was going to die on me along a barren stretch of I-80...but Honda's are trustworthy.)

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. Wow. It really does seem like it was just yesterday that I headed west and said good-bye to Wyoming. It was time I left and, though, I bid farewell to many friends and memories, I still hold Wyoming in a special place in my heart. Who would have thought that a big-city girl could acclimate into a beef-cooking, Chinese Cowgirl.

2 comments:

Midge said...

And who would have though 3 days in Casper would have been my funnest vacation in years. I think a big part of that was meeting you and also Bounce Ball!

Anonymous said...

And we're glad you came back here Mei. But we're counting on you sweetie to be our Wyoming tour guide when...or...IF...we decide to take a trip out there. See you soon.