Friday, July 18, 2008

Daddy of 'em All

I went to the "California Rodeo Salinas" last night since I'm a rodeo expert now...hardly. But after having experienced two Cheyenne Frontier Days, I wanted to see how other rodeos were. First, the rodeo in "California Rodeo Salinas" is pronounced the Spanish way, roh-DAY-oh...as in Rodeo Drive. So I went to the roh-DAY-oh to catch rodeo events. They had all the events, barrel racing, saddle bronc riding, bareback, steer wrestling, team roping, and you have Professional Bull Riders. (Wow, I do sound like a rodeo expert.) But it's nothing compared to CFD, and now I know why it's the "Daddy of 'em all." I did enjoy my time last night, in fact I had a great time with friends, and it did bring back fond memories of Cheyenne Frontier Days in Wyoming. I'm so lucky that I got the chance to experience that rodeo and the concerts and those humongous turkey legs. Cowboy up!

No comments: