Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ugh, Defeat...

If you were like me and watched the Wimbledon match today between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, you probably yelled, squealed and jumped up and down. I was rooting for Federer, who reminds me of one of my other favorite tennis players, Pete Sampras. I watched in pain as Nadal went up two sets...but rejoiced when Federer -- the consumate athlete that he is -- came back in the third and fourth sets to force a 5-set match. It was an exciting match. My emotions went up and down. I don't care much for Nadal. Sigh, Federer did say that there is always next year. My eyes are on the U.S. Open now, and Federer's appearance. I am definitely going to try and attend a Federer match when I'm in New York to catch a Yankees game. Side: Okay, okay, I know many of you don't care for the Yankees, but c'mon, it's the Yankees, Yankees Stadium...no more after this season.

No comments: